lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James <ajd_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: sorting on "dates" a little fuzzy...
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 04:21:50 GMT

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the reply.  All dateTime fields are zero-padded and the
same length, and each indexed document has a valid dateTime value.

Regarding the sort type, INT generates a ParseException, I assume
because the string has too many digits to fit in an int.  I looked
for a LONG type but couldn't find one.  So string was the next logical
choice.

Regards,
James