lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ranjan K. Baisak" <ranjanbai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Dynamic index building is expensive
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:34:20 GMT
 Hello,
My application used swing and a data base application.
For searching mechanism, I'm using Lucene. I used to
build the index during application startup and any
change to the DB also makes change the index. So I
have a thread which looks if any change has occurred
in DB and if so then updates index. This way of search
is too expensive and also does not have any
performance benefit compare to DB search compare to
million of records in DB. Any suggestion to make index
dynamic with multiuser environment.

regards,
Ranjan