lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Roberts <m...@andy-roberts.net>
Subject Re: Terms & Postion from Hits ...
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:38:52 GMT
I've managed something like this from a slightly different perspective.

IndexReader ir = new IndexReader(yourIndex);

String searchTerm = "word";

TermPositions tp = ir.termPositions(new Term("contents", searchTerm);

tp.next();
int termFreq = tp.freq();
System.out.print(currentTerm.text());

for (int i=0; i < termFreq; i++) {
	System.out.print(" " + tp.nextPosition());
}
System.out.println();

ir.close();

This will print out something like:

word 1 67 104 155

Where the term "word" occurs at positions 1, 67, 104 and 155 in the field
"contents" of the index ir.

HTH,
Andy Roberts