lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "arnaudbuffet" <arnaudbuf...@yahoo.fr>
Subject TR : information
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:35:16 GMT
Hello,

Today I need few explanations about the possibilities of lucene in order
to implement development on an application.

First, I have to index different things; documents files and bdd tables
to make a search on all theses elements. Is it possible? How can I index
both elements? For the search, I have to use a MultiSearcher ?

Then I want to have different score for my results. For exemple, if the
user keyword is found in a specific bdd field I want this results appear
before others. How can I do "ponderation" on different fields and
documents for the results ?

About the keywords written by a user, how can I filter them? Maybe some
are not useful for the search and other like "AND" can combine results
search?

Then, I have right permission on documents, is there a way with lucene
to introduction these permissions for the search ? if I do not have
permission, results are filtered ?

Thanks for your answers,

Regards

Arnaud