lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From omar didi <omar.d...@gmail.com>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryException
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:56:00 GMT
Hi all,

I am running a search on a large index (100GB), my search consists of
10 booleanQueries that run at the same time and their results is
combined to display the results. the first problem is it is very slow,
but that is normal i guess for such a big index, the problem i have
been having lately is java.lang.OutOfMemoryException. is it normal to
get this exception and shall I just increase the VM memory or could it
be another problem with the way i run the queries.

these are some of the indexed fields:
private static String	domain	= "domain";
private static String	contents	= "contents";
 and this is some queries:
private void setLocations( String brandName )
			throws IOException,
			ParseException
	{
Element locations = new Element( "locations" );
String[] _locations = { "body", "meta", "link", "title", "alt" };
	int sum = 0;
	for ( int i = 0; i < _locations.length; i++ )	{
int count = m_searchIndex.searchTerms( _locations[ i ], brandName );
locations.addContent( createNodes( new Element( "location" ),
_locations[ i ], count ) );
	sum += count;
	}
	locations.setAttribute( "total_count", String.valueOf( sum ) );
	root.addContent( locations );
	}

thanks guys,