lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject RE: SPAN QUERY [HOW TO]
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:32:29 GMT
Hi

  Guys.

Apologies........

 U got it bingo,Am trying to do something similar as u replied.
 But there is a glitch in the  process

 If the search is done on the 'leaf_category'  as u said

 with word such as  'CAMERA DIGITAL'  instead of  'DIGITAL CAMERA'  the
resultant

 return hits will be  ZERO '0'. Usage of SpanQuery  for such conditions
applied should return still

 the 1st document of 3.

 A permutation combination of words entered should result in the specific
document being returned.

with  regards

Karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: Miles Barr [mailto:miles@runtime-collective.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:10 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: SPAN QUERY [HOW TO]

It's not clear what you're trying to achieve. PhraseQuery and
SpanNearQuery can help you find tokens that are close to each other. It
you're using the standard analyzer, tokens are words. They won't help
you group documents under a topic.

You should setup some other fields in your Lucene document to hold
category information. e.g. for document 1:

text = ELECTRONICS  DIGITAL CAMERA
parent_category = ELECTRONICS
leaf_category = DIGITAL CAMERA

for document 2:

text = ELECTRONICS  DIGITAL CAMERA OPTICS
parent_category = ELECTRONICS
parent_category = DIGITAL CAMERA
leaf_category = OPTICS

Then search on the leaf_category. Make sure you setup the category
fields to be type KEYWORD, i.e. not tokenized.

--
Miles Barr <miles@runtime-collective.com>
Runtime Collective Ltd.