lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject RE: SPAN QUERY [HOW TO]
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:37:09 GMT
Hi Guys

Apologies....

Some body Please Help me for this Form

with regards
Karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: Miles Barr [mailto:miles@runtime-collective.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:02 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: SPAN QUERY [HOW TO]

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 14:52 +0530, Karthik N S wrote:
> The new Feature of lucene 'span query' really is interesting
>
> But need expert suggestions on achieveing the same.
>
> I have 3 documents
>
> Document 1 contains   =  ELECTRONICS  DIGITAL CAMERA
> Document 2 contains   =  ELECTRONICS  DIGITAL CAMERA 0PTICS
> Document 3 contains  =   ELECTRONICS  DIGITAL CAMERA ACCESSIORIES
>

> search word = " DIGITAL CAMERA "
>
> Returned hits  = 1st doc   ONLY [ 2 and 3rd document should not be in
> the hit ]
>
> SpanQuery /PharseQuery  ????
>

> How would one achieve this ??? Please

I've used span queries to boost the scores of results where words appear
close together. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to achieve. All
three documents contain the search phrase, so both span and phrase
queries would return all the documents.

Are you trying to setup a taxonomy? i.e. only display documents in the
category Electronics > Digital Camera, and not those in sub categories?
If this is the case you should try to build the categorisation at the
same time as the indexing process and either add explicit clauses in the
search query or filter afterwards.

--
Miles Barr <miles@runtime-collective.com>
Runtime Collective Ltd.