lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Smith" <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject large indexes
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:54:27 GMT
I have the need to create an index which will potentially have a
million+ documents.  I know Lucene can accomplish this.  However, the
other requirement is that I need to be continually updating it during
the date (adding 1-30 documents/minute).  I guess I had thought that I
might try to have an active index that I keep today's documents in and
then a large cumulative index of all of the previous day's documents.
At the end of each day, I would create a new version of the cumulative
index adding in that day's documents.  I would use the multi-index
search to search the current day and cumulative indexes.

Has anyone dealt with this design issue?  Is this a reasonable approach?
What have other people done?

Scott