lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Maisonneuve <n.maisonne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene index with structured fields
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:15:29 GMT
thanks Miles, yes... i missed that the queryParser could transform a query..

but i don't like very much my idea: the integration is too high level.
it would be great if a low level of integration will be possible
because of the scorer.

In fact the calcul of score will certainly more complex. Actually it's
for XML searching/ranking,   tf*idf would be computed differently not
in all the index but only in the set of search field, with different
variations depending of the query element location,  the structure of
the xml and the semantic of elements.).

i thought a lower integration of this notions would be needed but
maybe not if just a query extendor and a customised similarity class
are suffisant to do that. i'll try this kind of idea first !

If somebody are another solution, just to compare ...