lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Omar Didi" <od...@Cyveillance.com>
Subject RE: error when query contains numbers
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:58:02 GMT
Thanks Eric, I have looked at the way the documents were indexed and they are using 90% of
the code using in chapter 2 and 4 of your book LIA. except for the stop words.
I will try to use Luke to see if there are any numbers indexed first.

________________________________

From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Wed 3/30/2005 8:58 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: error when query contains numbers

On Mar 30, 2005, at 8:05 PM, Omar Didi wrote:
> the .toString() looks excactly like the query I enter: if I search for
> "yahoo AND 200" it returns 0 hits. I am sure there are documents that
> have 200 hundreds in them. The analyzer I am using is a custom
> analyzer that has a list of stop words. I don t know much about the
> way data was indexed, I am just developing an aplication to search
> using the analyzer that was used while indexing.

Try the tips here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/AnalysisParalysis - you need to
analyze your analyzer and ensure what you think was indexed actually
was.  Also, look into using Luke - http://www.getopt.org/luke/ - to see
what makes your index tick.

> my concern now is if there is an error with the way the indexing was
> do I have to reindex the documents?

Yes.  That's just the nature of how it works.  Getting the analysis
right is important stuff, and if you didn't index it, you can't search
for it!

Feel free to share more details of your analyzer, and we'd be happy to
"analyze" it.

        Erik