lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Omar Didi" <od...@Cyveillance.com>
Subject RE: error when query contains numbers
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:05:16 GMT

the .toString() looks excactly like the query I enter: if I search for "yahoo AND 200" it
returns 0 hits. I am sure there are documents that have 200 hundreds in them. The analyzer
I am using is a custom analyzer that has a list of stop words. I don t know much about the
way data was indexed, I am just developing an aplication to search using the analyzer that
was used while indexing.
my concern now is if there is an error with the way the indexing was do I have to reindex
the documents?
thanks

On Mar 30, 2005, at 4:41 PM, Omar Didi wrote:
> I am using a QueryParser to search the index. when the query has
> numbers, i don t get any results??
> any suggestions??

What is the .toString of the Query object instance returned from
QueryParser?  What Analyzer are you using?  How did you index the
field(s) being queried?

	Erik