lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Omar Didi" <od...@Cyveillance.com>
Subject RE: Score Question
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:22:11 GMT
Hi folks,

I have a task when I need to read the query entered by the user and then add to it many other
terms in a boolean expression.
for examples: if the user enters: red. i need to take red and generate the following query(red
AND blue) OR (red AND green) OR( red AND yellow). the problem is i need to get a count of
how many return document contain (red AND blue) and how many contain (red AND green). I want
to know if there is a way that i sent the whole new query and can get the count of each clause
separetly?. or shall i just break the query and send multiple queries?.
any ideas will be very welcome.
thanks