lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Omar Didi" <od...@Cyveillance.com>
Subject RE: help with boolean expression
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:33:05 GMT
I checked the code for the patch and I had no clue how to use it.
can you please give me some instructions?
thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Morus Walter [mailto:morus.walter@tanto.de]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:01 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: help with boolean expression

Omar Didi writes:
> thank you so much Eric and Morus, I have a clear idea now how it works. i will try to
implement a custom code that adds the parenthesis to boolean expressions with some rules about
operator precedence.

I rather suggest, that you patch QP instead.

Adding parenthesis before handing the query string to QP means, to parse the
query string in your custom code, serialize the result to a query again
and let QP parse that string.
So in the end, you double the effort. Both for coding and runtime.

Morus