lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ernesto De Santis <ernesto.desan...@colaborativa.net>
Subject Analyzer don't work with wildcard queries, snowball analyzer.
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:51:14 GMT
Hi

I get an unexpected behavior when use wildcards in my queries.
I use a EnglishAnalyzer developed with SnowballAnalyzer. version 1.1_dev
from Lucene in Action lib.

Analysis case:
When use wildcards in the middle of one word, the word in not analyzed.
Examples:

            QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("body", analyzer);
            Query q = qp.parse("ex?mple");
            String strq = q.toString();
            assertEquals("body:ex?mpl", strq);
//FAIL strq == body:ex?mple

            qp = new QueryParser("body", analyzer);
            q = qp.parse("ex*ple");
            strq = q.toString();
            assertEquals("body:ex*pl", strq);
//FAIL strq == body:ex*ple

With this behavior, the search does not find any document.

Bye
Ernesto.

--
Ernesto De Santis - Colaborativa.net