lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: PHP-Lucene Integration
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:41:33 GMT

Your implementation and ideas sound very interesting, Owen. Can we see
the system anywhere in public (and play with it?)

> We are hoping the institute can afford to have us work on true
> clustering techniques such as Carrot2 uses. (Thanks to Dawid and all the
> Poznan University folks who's papers were so stimulating!)

You are very welcome. We are also academic, so in the feeling of
brotherhood we might help you set up a demo on-line clustering server
free of charge. There really is not better clustering technique than the
one devised to a particular problem and it seems like you found that
niche. Although it's always worth experimenting with other stuff just
for the sake of comparison. Just let me know if you're interested (if we
  can access the 'feed' of those plain search results I can set up the
clustering demo in a few minutes, really).

 > We did do a
> quick LSA SVD on a random set of the papers to see what the performance
> (both CPU and good clustering) would be like.  Our results are
> encouraging, and I think the frequent phrases approach would be best for
> this collection.

It is always going to be challanging if you attempt to cluster the
entire collection, you know. I'm (or rather: I will be) working on
algorithm's extensions to deal with full text documents.

Dawid