lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gusenbauer Stefan <gusenba...@eduhi.at>
Subject Multiple Field Queries
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:25:48 GMT
Hello,
at the moment i cannot search through the mailinglist archives so i will
bother you. I will search over multiple fields for example content and
filename. The MultiFieldQueryParser is not applicable for me so i create
the query syntax programmatically. The querystring is parsed with the
QueryParser i use it in this example two times for content and filename
the resulting query. Then i combine them with BooleanQuery add the
resulting string is for example +content:test +filename:test. The
problem here is i would like to construct a query like (+content:test)
OR (+filename:test). Is the only alternative to extend the boolean query
to the string and make some string operations above it and pass it
through the QueryParser again?
Thanks
Stefan