lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aad Nales <>
Subject Re: Alert function (aka "profiled alerting")
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:40:24 GMT

I am not even sure what can of worms I open with this suggestion but:

Suppose that one of my 10.000 queries results in a set of documents
(A,B,.., N)
Suppose I generate a new document from this 'search result history' and
store this in a new index
Suppose I take the new document and (not sure if this is possible, so
please flame) compare it with (I think TermVectors) against the search
result history. (using some kind of query ?)

Now if the new document is similar to 'search result history' fire off
the original query (stored as a field in the search result index).

The caveats are:

1. can you compare documents?
2. do the results of alerts have sufficient history and can you
'predict' the level of similarity?

PS: feel free to flame me in public :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: