lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Find version of Lucene library
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:20:50 GMT
Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
>> Hmmm... would not java.lang.Package various methods do the job?
>

> I'm not sure... I just tried to do
> Package.getPackage("org.apache.lucene") and got null, even though the
> manifest is present in the JAR.

I looked into this.  The package name in the manifest is
"org/apache/lucene".  But in order for this to work the package name in
the manifest must: (a) end with a slash; and (b) name a package with
classes in it, and lucene's classes are all in sub-packages--no classes
are in "org.apache.lucene".

I've attached a patch that fixes (b) by adding a class in the top-level
package.  Comments?

Doug