lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Find version of Lucene library
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:30:32 GMT
PA wrote:

> On Mar 09, 2005, at 09:49, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
>
>> Besides, it doesn't work with WebStart, because the classpath is not
>> accessible.
>

> Hmmm... would not java.lang.Package various methods do the job?

I'm not sure... I just tried to do
Package.getPackage("org.apache.lucene") and got null, even though the
manifest is present in the JAR.

I also tried the Dawid's method, but unfortunately there is only one
class loader in the application, so it returns just the first resource
with that name found on classpath, which is... the manifest found in
rt.jar. :-(

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki