lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Friso van Vollenhoven <fr...@func.nl>
Subject possible concurrent actions table
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:13:31 GMT
Hi,

I found this table at jGruru:
http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=910778

Since the table seems to be about 2.5 years old, I was wondering if it is
still correct.

It says that I can concurrently delete and read a document. So if there
are two threads using one IndexReader instance, they could concurrently
read and delete a (possibly the same) document.

And if the threads do not share a single IndexReader instance. Will the
reading thread still see the document when the deleting thread has deleted
(and commited) it (if both IndexReader instances were opened when the
document was not yet deleted).

Thanks to anyone who knows and answers,

Friso