lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <kelvin-li...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: Document lazy-loading WAS [Re: Fast access to a random page of the search results.]
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:38:35 GMT
Neither. :-)

4) Top 10 fieldvalues (for some fields) returned in search results

So, let's say the results of a search were:

doc a=title:1,keyword:a,contents:somelongmemoryhoggingstring
doc b=title:1,keyword:a,contents:somelongmemoryhoggingstring
doc c=title:1,keyword:b,contents:somelongmemoryhoggingstring
doc d=title:2,keyword:b,contents:somelongmemoryhoggingstring
doc e=title:2,keyword:b,contents:somelongmemoryhoggingstring
doc f=title:3,keyword:b,contents:somelongmemoryhoggingstring

I'd like to have the following (sorted in decreasing order of frequency)

For the title field,
field value "1" - frequency =3
field value "2" - frequency =2
field value "3" - frequency =1

For the keyword field,
field value "b" - frequency =4
field value "a" - frequency =2

So after getting the Hits (or using HitCollector), run through each document to count the
frequencies of each field value, so that the top 10 can be obtained.