lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenel...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: Problem with memory utilisation during Lucene search
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:52:13 GMT
On Wednesday 23 March 2005 19:30, Jochen Franke wrote:

> 2. Are there possibilities to restrict or reduce the memory consumption
> of Lucene?

I think Doug made a fix for indexes with many fields. So you could try with
the development version from SVN. If that doesn't help: are you sure
you're using Lucene the right way, e.g. having only one
IndexReader/Searcher and using it for all searches?

> 3. Does Lucene provide a mechanism to limit the number of concurrent
> searches or must I implement my own wrapper around the search calls
> to Lucene?

You'd need to implement this yourself.

Regards
 Daniel