lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Assorted questions
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 02:53:48 GMT
Your memory is serving you well.
http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=%22range+query%22+performance

Note the hit in section 6.5.1 - the fact that we used range queries in
the performance section is an indicator that one can really mess things
up if using range queries injudiciously. :)  In particular, the typical
advice is to try to round the time information, to avoid costly range
queries.  Seconds sound like trouble.

Otis