lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Cuttler <br...@wadsworth.org>
Subject Re: lucene question, examples
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:31:22 GMT

Otis,

> If by shtml you mean HTML with server-side includes, then note that you
> will not be able to do this with Lucene alone, as server-side includes
> are not static.

My understanding is that our webmaster is hoping to have very simple
files created by the data-suppliers, ie, depatmental people that generate
web pages. Then use server-side-includes to include site or departement
comment headers/footers/backgrounds, so that ultimately it will be
the .shtml with the interesting data.

Is this something that in your experience works well or is there some
other methology I can recommend to her ?

						thank you,

						Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler@wadsworth.org