lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: lucene question, examples
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:40:41 GMT
Brian,

It sounds like you are using a little demo application that comes with
Lucene.  This is really just a demo that shows how you can use Lucene.
Lucene in a toolkit for building search applications, so you would
really want to develop something of your own around Lucene.  Sure, you
can use a demo, but that little demo is not perfect.  Since v 1.2 there
have been some changes in the demo area, so you could try grabbing the
latest version of Lucene and trying its demo (same application, it's
just that it may be a bit better).  If that fails, you can try the file
indexing framework from Lucene in Action (c.f.
http://www.lucenebook.com ) - source code is freely available.

If by shtml you mean HTML with server-side includes, then note that you
will not be able to do this with Lucene alone, as server-side includes
are not static.

Otis