lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Fast access to a random page of the search results.
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:24:04 GMT
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 19:15, Doug Cutting wrote:

> 'nHits - nHits' always equals zero.  So you're actually printing the
> first document, not the last.  The last document would be accessed with
> 'hits.doc(nHits)'.

After fixing this I can reproduce the problem with a local index that
contains about 220.000 documents (700MB). Fetching the first document
takes for example 30ms, fetching the last one takes >100ms. Of course I
tested this with a query that returns many results (about 50.000).
Actually it happens even with the default sorting, no need to sort by some
specific field.

Regards
 Daniel

--