lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>
Subject RE: SPAN QUERY [HOW TO]
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:39:41 GMT
It's not clear what you're trying to achieve. PhraseQuery and
SpanNearQuery can help you find tokens that are close to each other. It
you're using the standard analyzer, tokens are words. They won't help
you group documents under a topic.

You should setup some other fields in your Lucene document to hold
category information. e.g. for document 1:

text = ELECTRONICS  DIGITAL CAMERA
parent_category = ELECTRONICS
leaf_category = DIGITAL CAMERA

for document 2:

text = ELECTRONICS  DIGITAL CAMERA OPTICS
parent_category = ELECTRONICS
parent_category = DIGITAL CAMERA
leaf_category = OPTICS

Then search on the leaf_category. Make sure you setup the category
fields to be type KEYWORD, i.e. not tokenized.

--
Miles Barr <miles@runtime-collective.com>
Runtime Collective Ltd.