lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>
Subject Re: Remotely Stroring Index file
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:39:30 GMT
On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 15:06 +0530, Natarajan.T wrote:
> How to I store indexing files remotely.
>
> For example indexing process running in machine A, then HoHoI want to
> store index files in machine B.

There's no built in support in Lucene to have remote directories. You
can do something at the operating system level, e.g. NFS, to make a
remove directory appear local, but I believe this isn't recommended.

Another approach would be to implement the Directory interface yourself:

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/store/Directory.html

Then make your implementation capable of storing files remotely.

--
Miles Barr <miles@runtime-collective.com>
Runtime Collective Ltd.