lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Niraj Alok" <ni...@emacmillan.com>
Subject problem with not operator
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:45:53 GMT
Hi,

When I am putting the query as 'a not b' there are some documents coming up
which have 'b' as well.

I am searching on 3 fields using a MultiFieldQueryParser and while debugging
the query is also getting shown as
(field1:a -field1:b) (field2:a -field2:b) (field3:a -field3:b)

Yet the results have documents which contain 'b' terms as well.

While indexing, I am using StandardAnaylzer(stopwords), and the field as:
Field fl = new Field("indexhd",indexhd, true, true, true);

etc..

Please could you suggest what the problem could be?

Regards,
Niraj