lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Franco Robles" <carlos.fra...@xeridia.com>
Subject Implementing security in search
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:54:54 GMT
Hi! I need to implement security in search. When I'm indexing contents,
I set a field with the roles assigned to that particular content. The
problem is that a content should be retrieved from a search only if the
user has *all* the roles assigned to the indexed content, not just one
(in that case it would be easy). So, for example, if a content has the
roles Role1, Role2 and Role3, and the user only has Role1 and Role3, the

content should not be retrieved. The set of roles available to both
contents and users is not fixed. So far I haven't seen an easy way to do

that in Lucene. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.