lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From aurora <auror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing info about the index in the index
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:20:35 GMT
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:53:41 -0500, Erik Hatcher
<erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2005, at 8:43 AM, Sanyi wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there any way to store info about the index in the index?
>> (You know, like in .doc files on Windows. You can store title, author,
>> etc...)
>> I need to store the last indexed database UID in the index and maybe
>> some other useful infos too.
>> I don't want to store them separately in the database or in another
>> file because of administrative
>> reasons.
>
> There is currently no feature to store additional information in the
> index like this, though you could use a special document in the index to
> do this.
> You could also keep a .properties or .xml file alongside the index.
>
> 	Erik

I stored the info in some special documents. They have separate field name
 from the main document set so that they would be fetched by regular
search. I ran into a small problem "bookkeeping documents cause problem in
Sort" that I posted half day ago. But right everything seems to work fine.