lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From aurora <auror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which HTML parser is better?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:24:33 GMT
For all parser suggestion I think there is one important attribute. Some
parsers returns data provide that the input HTML is sensible. Some parsers
is designed to be most flexible as tolerant as it can be. If the input is
clean and controlled the former class is sufficient. Even some regular
expression may be sufficient. (I that's the original poster wants). If you
are building a web crawler you need something really tolerant.

Once I have prototyped a nice and fast parser. Later I have to abandon it
because it failed to parse about 15% documents (problem handling nested
quotes like onclick="alert('hi')").