lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject JavaLobby Lucene presentation
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2005 02:24:20 GMT
I recorded a "Meet Lucene" presentation at JavaLobby.  It is a
multimedia Flash video that shows slides with my voice recorded over
them which spans just over 20 minutes (you can jump to specific
slides).    Check it out here:

	http://www.javalobby.org/members-only/eps/meet-lucene/index.html?
source=archives

It's tailored as a high-level overview, and a quick one at that.  It'll
certainly be too basic for most everyone on this list, but maybe your
manager would enjoy it :)

It's awkward to record this type of thing and it sounds dry to me as I
ended up having to script what I was going to say and read it rather
than ad-lib like I would do in a face-to-face presentation.  ah's and
um's don't work well in an audio-only track.

I'd love to hear (perhaps best through the JavaLobby forum associated
with the presentation) feedback on it.

	Erik