lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene in the Humanities
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:40:59 GMT
On Feb 18, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Luke Shannon wrote:
> Nice work Eric. I would like to spend more time playing with it, but I
> saw a
> few things I really liked. When a specific query turns up no results
> you
> prompt the client to preform a free form search. Less sauvy search
> users
> will benefit from this strategy.

That's merely an artifact of all searches going to the results page,
which just shows the free-form search on it.

>  I also like the display of information when
> you select a result. Everything is at your finger tips without clutter.

For comparison, check the older site's search is here:

	http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu:2020/search.html

(don't bother trying it - it's SLOOOW)

And also for comparison, here is an older look:

	<http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu:8090/styler/servlet/
SaxonServlet?source=http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu:2020/tamino/
files/1-1847.s244.raw.xml&style=http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu:
2020/tamino/rossetti.xsl&clear-stylesheet-cache=yes>

Dig that URL!  The new look and URL is here:

	http://www.rossettiarchive.org/docs/1-1847.s244.raw.html

> I did get this error when a name search failed to turn up results and I
> clicked 'help' in the free form search row (the second row).
>
>  Page 'help-freeform.html' not found in application namespace.

I've corrected this and it'll be corrected in my next deployment :)

So nice to have community of testers!  Thanks.

	Erik