lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Fields with same name
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:39:16 GMT

On Feb 11, 2005, at 3:51 PM, Ramon Aseniero wrote:

> I have not tried it -- Are there examples on the Lucene book? (I just
> bought
> the book and cant find that’s related to my problem)

No, this particular item is not covered in the book.  My initial
response was a succinct way of making a point.  A lot of times it is
worth investing in giving something a try with a little bit of code,
and doing this with Lucene is trivial.  I don't want to discourage
anyone from asking questions, but rather encourage us all to do a
little tinkering to find out things for ourselves and then ask if our
assumptions don't come out as expected.

In fact, I'd have to mock up an example to find out myself for sure,
but my hunch is that Lucene would maintain the order as it probably
doesn't make sense algorithmically to do anything but keep the order.

	Erik