lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Document numbers and ids
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:00:40 GMT
: > care about their content. I only want to know a particular numeric
: > field from
: > document (id of document's category).
: > I also need to know how many docs in category were found, so I can't

: You should explore the use of IndexReader.  Index your documents with
: category id field, and use the methods on IndexReader to find all
: unique categories (TermEnum).

to expand on erik's suggestion: once you know the complete list of
categories you iterate over then and execute your search once per
category, filtering each time on the category Id (to determine the number
of results from that category).

-Hoss