lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How do I delete?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 06:19:18 GMT

: anywhere.  I checked the count coming back from the delete operation and
: it is zero.  I even tried to delete another unique term with similar
: results.

First off, are you absolutely certain you are closing the reader?  it's
not in the code you listed.

Second, I'd bet $1 that when your documents were indexed, your "reference"
field was analyzed and parsed into multiple terms.  Did you try searching
for the Term you're trying to delete by?

(I hear "luke" is a pretty handy tool for checking exactly which Terms are
in your index)

: >>Here is the delete and associated code:
: >>
: >>              reader = IndexReader.open(database);
: >>
: >>              Term t = new Term("reference",reference);
: >>              try {
: >>                reader.delete(t);
: >>              } catch (Exception e) {
: >>                System.out.println("Delete exception;"+e);

-Hoss