lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ben Litchfield <>
Subject Re: Use an executable from java ...
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:12:21 GMT

I assume all of you comments are with the 0.7.0 version of PDFBox.  There
were some great improvements in that version in terms of speed and

> That's courious beacause we experienced that pdftotext was able to
> convert 33% more pdf documents than PDFBox.

Depending on the set of PDF documents you will notice different results.
I welcome any bug reports(if they don't already exist) on that 33% that
are not working for you.  In particular, PDFBox needs some work on
non-english languages.

> That's good. Out application supports alternative conversion pipelines
> that provide fallback mechanims. If the first converter cannot convert a
> document a second converter is called. So PDFBox is our fallback
> converter.

Well, at least PDFBox made it as the "fallback.  :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message