lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net>
Subject Multiple Keywords/Keyphrases fields
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:08:21 GMT
I'm getting a bit more serious about the final form of our lucene
index.  Each document has DocNumber, Authors, Title, Abstract, and
Keywords.  By Keywords, I mean a comma separated list, each entry
having possibly many terms in a phrase like:
	temporal infomax, finite state automata, Markov chains,
	conditional entropy, neural information processing

I presume I should be using a field "Keywords" which have many
"entries" or "instances" per document (one per comma separated phrase).
  But I'm not sure the right way to handle all this.  My assumption is
that I should analyze them individually, just as we do for free text
(the Abstract, for example), thus in the example above having 5 entries
of the nature
	doc.add(Field.Text("Keywords", "finite state automata"));
etc, analyzing them because these are author-supplied strings with no
canonical form.

For guidance, I looked in the archive and found the attached email, but
I didn't see the answer.  (I'm not concerned about the dups, I presume
that is equivalent to a boos of some sort) Does this seem right?

Thanks once again.

Owen