lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net>
Subject Re: Document Clustering
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:41:34 GMT
I would like to be able to analyze my document collection (~1200
documents) and discover good "buckets" of categories for them.  I'm
pretty sure this is termed Document Clustering .. finding the emergent
clumps the documents fall naturally into judging from their term
vectors.

Looking at the discussion that flared roughly a year ago (last message
2003-11-12) with the subject Document Clustering, it seems Lucene
should be able to help with this.  Has anyone had success with this
recently?

Last year it was suggested Carrot2 could help, and it would even
produce good labels for the clusters.  Has this proven to be true?  Our
goal is to use clustering to build a nifty graphic interface, probably
using Flash.

Thanks for any pointers.

Owen