lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kauler, Leto S" <leto.kau...@education.tas.gov.au>
Subject RE: Parsing The Query: Every document that doesn't have a field containing x
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:48:17 GMT
Because you are build from QueryParser rather than a TermQuery, all
search terms in the query are being lowercased by StandardAnalyzer.

So your query of "olFaithFull:stillhere" requires that there is an exact
index term of "stillhere" in that field.  It depends on how you built
the index (index and stored fields are different), but I would check on
that.  Also maybe try out TermQuery and see if that does anything for
you.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER

Information in this transmission is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed
and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying or dissemination of the information is unauthorised and you should
delete/destroy all copies and notify the sender. No liability is accepted for any unauthorised
use of the information contained in this transmission.

This disclaimer has been automatically added.