lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yura Smolsky <i...@altervision.biz>
Subject ParallelMultiSearcher and many RemoteSearchers
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:54:04 GMT
Hello, lucene-user.

Does anyone have idea will ParallelMultiSearcher and many
RemoteSearchers be a way to get fast search on distributed index on
many servers.

For example I have 5 servers with indexes of 50Gb on each server.
Indexes are updated interactively. I want to run on 6th server
ParallelMultiSearcher which will be connected to other 5 server
through RemoteSearcher.

Does it okay to go with RemoteSearcher class based on RMI in this case?..
I am concerned about reponse time and speed of the system...

Yura Smolsky