lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lamprecht <clampre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search Performance
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:13:59 GMT
I should have mentioned, the reason for not doing this the obvious,
simple way (just close the Searcher and reopen it if a new version is
available) is because some threads could be in the middle of iterating
through the search Hits.  If you close the Searcher they get a Bad
file descriptor IOException.  As I found out the hard way :)