lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Problem searching Field.Keyword field
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:17:10 GMT

On Feb 8, 2005, at 12:19 PM, Steven Rowe wrote:

> Why is there no KeywordAnalyzer?  That is, an analyzer which doesn't
> mess with its input in any way, but just returns it as-is?
>
> I realize that under most circumstances, it would probably be more
> code to use it than just constructing a TermQuery, but having it would
> regularize query handling, and simplify new users' experience.  And
> for the purposes of the PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper, it could be helpful.

It's long been on my TODO list.  I just adapted (changed the package
names) the Lucene in Action KeywordAnalyzer and added it to the new
contrib area:

	http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/analyzers/
src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/KeywordAnalyzer.java

In the next official release of Lucene, the contrib (formerly known as
the Sandbox) components will be packaged along with the Lucene core.
I'm still working on this packaging build process as I migrate the
Sandbox over to contrib.

	Erik