lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate Hits
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:26:47 GMT

On Feb 1, 2005, at 10:51 AM, Jerry Jalenak wrote:

> OK - but I'm dealing with indexing between 1.5 and 2 million
> documents, so I
> really don't want to 'batch' them up if I can avoid it.  And I also
> don't
> think I can keep an IndexRead open to the index at the same time I
> have an
> IndexWriter open.  I may have to try and deal with this issue through
> some
> sort of filter on the query side, provided it doesn't impact
> performance to
> much.

You can use an IndexReader and IndexWriter at the same time (the caveat
is that you cannot delete with the IndexReader at the same time you're
writing with an IndexWriter).  Is there no other identifying
information, though, on the incoming documents with a date stamp?
Identifier?  Or something unique you can go on?

	Erik