lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Configurable indexing of an RDBMS, has it been done before?
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:04:56 GMT
I agree that it is a worthwhile contribution.

Some suggestions... allow the configuration to specify field boost
values, and analyzer(s).  If analyzers are specified per-field, then
wrap then automatically with a PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper.  Also, having a
facility to aggregate fields into a "contents"-like field would be nice
- though maybe this would be covered implicitly as part of the SQL
mapping with one of the columns being an aggregate column.

Perhaps the configuration aspect of it (XML mapping of expressions to
field details) could be generalized to work with an object graph as
well as SQL result sets.  OGNL (www.ognl.org) makes expression language
glue and I can see it being used for mappings - for example the "name"
field could be mapped to "company.president.name", where "company" is
an object (or Map) with a "president" property, and so on.

	Erik