lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Subversion conversion
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:06:17 GMT
We can work the 1.x and 2.0 lines of code however we need to.  We can
branch (a branch or tag in Subversion is inexpensive and a constant
time operation).  How we want to manage both versions of Lucene is open
for discussion.  Nothing about Subversion changes how we manage this
from how we'd do it with CVS.

Currently the 1.x and 2.x lines of code are one and the same.  Once
they diverge in 2.0, it will depend on who steps up to maintain 1.x but
I suspect there will be a strong interest in keeping it alive by some,
but we would of course encourage everyone using 1.x upgrade to 1.9 and
remove deprecation warnings.

	Erik