lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4.x TermInfosWriter.indexInterval not public static ?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:44:15 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> Whats the desired pattern of using of TermInfosWriter.indexInterval ?

There isn't one.  It is not a part of the public API.  It is an
unsupported internal feature.

> Do I have to compile my own version of Lucene to change this?

Yes.

> The last
> API was public static final but this is not public nor static.

It was never public.  It used to be static and final, but is now an
instance variable.

> I'm wondering if we should just make this a value that can be set at
> runtime.  Considering the memory savings for larger installs this
> can/will be important.

The place to put getter/setters would be IndexWriter, since that's the
public home of all other index parameters.  Some changes to
DocumentWriter and SegmentMerger would be required to pass this value
through to TermInfosWriter from IndexWriter.

Doug