lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: Possible to mix/match indexes with diff TermInfosWriter.INDEX_INTERVAL ??
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:44:39 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:

> Not without hacking things.  If your 1.3 indexes were generated with
> 256 then you can modify your version of Lucene 1.4+ to use 256 instead
> of 128 when reading a Lucene 1.3 format index (SegmentTermEnum.java:54
> today).
>
> Prior to 1.4 this was a constant, hardwired into the index format.  In
> 1.4 and later each index segment stores this value as a parameter.  So
> once 1.4 has re-written your index you'll no longer need a modified
> version.

Thanks for the feedback doug.

This makes more sense now. I didn't understand why the website
documented the fact that the .tii file was soring the index interval.

I think I'm going to investigate just moving to 1.4 ...  I need to do it
anyway.  Might as well bite the bullet now.

Kevin

get a free iPod!