lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "amigo@max3d.com" <am...@max3d.com>
Subject Not entire document being indexed?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:08:07 GMT
Hi everyone

I'm having a bizzare problem with a few of the documents here that do
not seem to get indexed entirely.

I use textmining WordExtractor to convert M$ Word to plain text and then
index that text.
For example one document which is about 230KB in size when converted to
plain text, when indexed and
later searched for a pharse in the last 2-3 paragraphs returns no hits,
yet searching anything above those
paragraphs works just fine. WordExtractor does convert the entire
document to text, I've checked that.

I've tried increasing the number of terms per field from default 10,000
to 20,000 with writer.maxFieldLength
but that didnt make any difference, still cant find phrases from the
last 2-3 paragraphs.

Any ideas as to why this could be happening and how I could rectify it?

thanks,

-pedja